The opportunity to purchase the adjacent building, Canada Court, has arisen.
The opportunity to purchase the adjacent building, currently occupied by the Royal Bank of Canada will allow us to substantially enhance the facilities at the College at a relatively affordable price, to ensure that the College is able to fully support the educational demands of current and future pupils.
The new building will give a 40% increase in floor space and, most importantly, the opportunity to create large, open spaces for a multitude of uses; something which has been impossible in the constrained environs of a historic College main building and site originally intended for 150 pupils.
Plans include not only the creation of new, enhanced facilities within the Canada Court building, but also the re-purposing of the existing buildings to ensure that the entire enlarged site is used in the most effective way and with the biggest possible benefits to our students and their educational needs. While the scale, complexity and cost of this mean that it is likely to be five to seven years before the vision is fully realised, there are some substantial quick-wins which can be achieved by a phased occupation of Canada Court. Benefits
Plans are still being developed on how to make the optimum use of all buildings on our extended site and expert input will come from specialist architects, as well as from staff. We anticipate that the main benefits delivered to students and the College as a whole will be:
Extensive Library and study facilities in an updated and a well-equipped Resource Centre with student attainment and achievement support which including access to careers guidance and learning support.
- An enhanced Sixth Form Centre to accommodate the growing numbers of Sixth Form students, including Ladies College girls through our Sixth Form partnership.
- New appropriately sized classrooms to improve teaching facilities for all of our students.
- An enlarged Music Department to accommodate individuals, and small and large groups.
- Specialist Classrooms to extend curriculum opportunities not currently possible such as a Food Technology Suite and Weights and Conditioning room.
- A multi-functional Theatre space providing facilities for both Upper and Junior School drama productions, the drama curriculum, music performances and community groups.
- Refurbishment and re modelling of facilities for Art, Modern Foreign Languages, Humanities and English.
- Relocation and extension of the CCF facilities and storage.
- An appropriately located suite of classrooms to accommodate exams.
- A Car-free space in front of the Main College building supplementing the extremely well used hard court area and to free up space for students to run around and let off steam, eat their lunches and socialise.
- An improved Reception area including a waiting area and meeting rooms for confidential discussions.